Migrating to another country is a complex process that involves a lot of legal formalities, clearance procedures and documentation. This holds true for migrating to the USA too. In fact, immigration law is said to be among the most complex areas of U.S law. Moreover, it keeps being modified from time to time due to the changing national and international scenarios. If you don’t want to take any chances and want your immigration application to get through the bureaucracy quickly without any hassle, it is best to hire an immigration lawyer.
Choosing the right lawyer is a crucial decision that can be the difference between approval and rejection of your application. As you look through the available options, make the time and effort to research thoroughly and do your best to select the best lawyer to see your case through. immigration attorney Here are some features that you should look for in the immigration attorney that you hire:
1. AILA member: Whether you use personal references or use online resources like a local business directory to find about the immigration lawyers in the area where you wish to immigrate to, do make sure that the attorney you select is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). This is a national organization comprising of lawyers who specialize in handling immigration cases and are updated with the latest changes in the related law.
2. Experience: Nothing can equip a lawyer to handle challenging cases better than experience. Be sure to hire a highly experienced attorney who understands the entire immigration process and its hidden intricacies.
3. Objective and Honest: A good lawyer is one who points out the negatives along with the positives. Your lawyer should be objective and give you an honest appraisal of your case.
4. Diligent: You should select an attorney who is diligent and meticulous in making sure that all documents are in order and no procedural formalities are overlooked.
5. High success rate in similar cases: Be wary of a lawyer who boasts of 100% success rate. Still, go for the one who has been very successful on cases similar to yours.
6. Fast and sincere: Though one cannot assign an exact time frame in immigration cases, your lawyer should make sure that no delay can be attributed to his/her office.